Thursday, December 08, 2005

i'll be watching you

I'm currently sitting in Coffee on the Corner which happens to be about 1/2 block away from my apartment. I'm supposed to be working on my sermon for Christmas Day (don't worry, I'm doing that too) but I find myself often distracted by the comings and goings outside.

I love sitting here, being part of the community and being reminded of Covenant while I work. A man next to me happened to mention the name of one of Covenant's members in passing to his companion (I wasn't eavesdropping, I promise!). Then I look out the window and who do I see but Marney - doing what I'm not quite sure, but I do know I enjoyed watching her work.

I have a lovely office (such a beautiful color!) but I love working here. The other day (Saturday after Thanksgiving) I saw I don't know how many Covenant members while I worked on my sermon here. Someone next to me asked if this was my second office and I said yes! And what a great office. Cozy with yummy beverages and what's more, the chance to do my work in the midst of those who I am here to serve. There's just something special about that.

No comments: