Thursday, August 25, 2005

Hola

I’ve been here for about 2 weeks now and know what I still can’t quite get over? Hills. Seriously. That the ground has continuous bumps in it keeps surprising and delighting me. Who needs the prairie land of Texas when you can have the mountains of Virginia? I also can’t quite get over – and I really don’t want to – how incredibly warm all of you (or y’all) have been to me. There have been dinners and lunches, cookies and cakes – I’ll be all ready to hibernate come winter!

Along with tasty treats, I have really enjoyed getting to know you. When asked my favorite thing about my job the answer is simple: people. I love getting to know folks so please keep coming by to say “hello.” You can find me hanging around the office Monday through Thursday and I’m always only a phone call away.

Part of getting to know you includes getting to know your faith walk. Each one of us has come to know God and God’s all-consuming love for us in different ways and I long to know about those ways. Starting next week, the newsletter is going to include a spiritual practice, a way of connecting to God, that you might consider incorporating into your own life and the life of your family. I invite each of you to drop a note in my box or e-mail me (once that’s working) a practice you or your family enjoy. From everything to a prayer you enjoy to the minute you take out every day to just sit and listen for God’s voice, I encourage you to share a practice with me and your sisters and brothers here at Covenant.

No comments: