Sunday, March 04, 2007

In An Instant - A Review

While on my lovely vacation (which ends tomorrow) I picked up and read the Lee and Bob Woodruff book In An Instant: A Family's Journey of Love and Healing. I must say, it is one of the most heart-stirring and lifting books I've read in a very long time. The Woodruff family has a remarkable story about just what the title says, love and healing. Reading through the tragic injury of Bob (who was the new World News Tonight co-anchor for those who don't know), how his wife coped with the help of family and friends, how they made it through, are still making it through, reading that story mixed together with the story of Lee and Bob's marriage - really reminded me what this for better or for worse love is all about.

If you have a couple extra dollars and hours, I highly recommend.

No comments: